The Shoppes at North Brunswick on Route 1 in North Brunswick — Courtesy: The Azarian Group LLC
By Joshua Burd
The Azarian Group LLC has leased more than 9,000 square feet at a high-end retail center in North Brunswick, part of what the firm says was a banner year across its portfolio.
The Midland Park-based owner this week announced the activity at The Shoppes at North Brunswick, which sits on Route 1 in Middlesex County. The commitments include:
- 3,200 square feet by Honor Yoga, a high-end yoga studio franchise
- 2,942 square feet by Orange Theory Fitness, a national health franchise
- 2,250 square feet by Red Brick Pizza Kitchen Café, which is opening its first New Jersey location
- 1,107 square feet by European Wax Center, a major national franchise of hair removal salons
- 1,800 square feet by Frutta Bowls, a health food concept
The deals are among 17 new leases signed by Azarian last year across its footprint in New Jersey and New York. CEO John M. Azarian said occupancy in its portfolio is “at historic levels,” due in part to an effort to adapt to market trends.
The firm has also signed new leases at Allendale Town Plaza in Allendale, including:
- 3,200 square feet to Define Body and Mind, a contemporary body mind franchise focusing on barre, cycling, yoga and fitness classes
- 1,702 square feet to Danson Jewelers, a high-end jeweler
Additionally, Azarian highlighted an 18,502-square-foot lease last fall to K&G Fashion Superstore at 1750 Route 46 West in Woodland Park. The firm has also inked deals in Neptune City with Cricket Wireless and Sonny’s Hot Dogs, bringing the 218,000-square-foot Neptune Plaza to full occupancy.
Meantime, the firm announced a flurry of new hires including Douglas Norkett as assistant property manager and leasing agent, Patille Kupelian as property management administrative assistant, Melanie Kelly as receptionist, Alba Gil as administrative assistant, Dipal Upadhya as bookkeeper and Cara Diaz as paralegal.