The Jersey City skyline
By Real Estate NJ
With few signs of slowing down, the still fervent pace of new development in Jersey City has set the stage for a conference next month that’s poised to draw more than 1,000 attendees.
The full-day program, The Jersey City Summit for Real Estate Investment, will take place June 23 at BentallGreenOak’s Newport Tower at 525 Washington Blvd. And it will convene a host of top developers, service providers and other industry leaders for an event that’s now in its seventh year and set to be held in person after taking place virtually last year.
Gov. Phil Murphy and Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop are scheduled to keynote the program for the fourth straight year. Topics will include the return to the office, multifamily, retail, mixed-use, life sciences, amenities, emerging neighborhoods and others.
Additional confirmed speakers include:
- Jersey City Council President Joyce Watterman
- Rob Naso and Anil Erdem of BentallGreenOak
- Mahbod Nia and Anna Malhari of Veris Residential Inc.
- Wasseem and Sam Boraie of Boarie Development
- Danielle De Vita of Urban Edge Properties
- James E. Hanson II of The Hampshire Cos.
- Jon Moore of Urby
- Jonathan Kushner of Kushner Real Estate Group
- Laurent Morali of Kushner Cos.
- Aaron Price of TechUnited:NJ and Propelify
- Annisia Cialone and Christine Goodman of the city of Jersey City
- Christopher Albanese of Albanese Organization
- Anthony Cammarata of Goldman Sachs
- Michael Lastoria of &pizza
- Sanford Weiss of Manhattan Building Co.
- Eliot Spitzer of Spitzer Enterprises
- Debbie Hart of BioNJ
Law firm Connell Foley LLP is also returning as the summit chair, with Philip McGovern serving as MC of the entire summit with colleagues W. Nevins McCann, George Garcia and Jennifer Carillo-Perez moderating various panels throughout the day.
“The full-day summit will provide networking and host moderated panel discussions covering the slew of transformative projects underway,” the event’s organizers wrote in an announcement.
“Principals behind Jersey City’s leading real estate developments will speak to the city’s growing appeal over Brooklyn, Manhattan, Philadelphia and other millennial-driven markets.
“Recent corporate relocations and the appeal of Jersey City’s to leading (technology, advertising, media and information) and (finance, insurance and real estate) companies will be discussed. Also a central theme will be the discussion around ESG and place-making. New development, building and service innovations, culture and city growth will also be covered.”
The summit begins at 7:30 a.m. with a breakfast reception, followed by the chair’s welcome remarks at 8:25 a.m., kicking off a day of speeches, presentations, panel discussions and networking through 6:30 p.m. The full agenda and schedule are available at https://investjersey.city/2022/.
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Sherif Abouzied at 201-589-0892 or firstname.lastname@example.org.