By Joshua Burd
An industrial user has leased more than 300,000 square feet in Burlington County, in the largest of six newly announced deals in southern New Jersey by NAI Mertz.
The brokerage firm said the tenant, Western Post, is taking 302,000 square feet at 35 East Park Drive in Westampton. It’s among several deals this year by Scott Mertz, its president, that are tied to businesses that are in high demand as a result of the pandemic.
Those transaction have amounted to more than 3.5 million square feet of leasing volume across the country.
“This year has created shifts in how we work, where we work and how we operate our businesses and I’m fueled by the opportunity to help companies overcome challenges and to deliver beneficial real estate solutions,” Mertz said. “As brick-and-mortar shopping was flattened during the pandemic, a major shift to online buying faced many retailers and logistics companies, which triggered the demand for warehouse and industrial space.”
Mertz’s other leases in this category include:
- 288,000 square feet by Utopia Fulfillment at 8600 River Road in Pennsauken
- 245,000 square feet by KHD LLC at Barrington Business Center in Barrington
- 194,000 square feet by Ginsey Industries at 2650 Oldmans Creek Road in Logan Township
- 151,000 square feet by Champion Services at 1 Warner Court in Swedesboro
- 70,000 square feet by Crown Packing Corp. at 1400 Imperial Way in West Deptford
Additionally, in 2020, Mertz and the NAI Mertz team have completed deals around the country in several states including Texas, Ohio, Georgia, Illinois, Pennsylvania and others.
“It has become more important than ever for companies to be strategically placed along the supply chain, and I am pleased to have helped all of these companies find the best possible facilities to meet their business needs,” he added. “Time is money and location matters.”