Jersey Mike’s Subs franchise operator Chris Rigassio and Gary Krauss of Pierson Commercial at the site of a future store in Spotswood — Courtesy: Pierson Commercial
By Joshua Burd
Jersey Mike’s Subs is continuing its rapid growth in the Garden State, with Pierson Commercial representing the chain in seven new leases in northern and central New Jersey.
The retail brokerage said Friday that it arranged deals for new locations in five different counties. The locations stretch from Toms River in Ocean County to Little Ferry in Bergen County.
“Jersey Mike’s was named the fastest growing restaurant chain in the U.S. for the last three years by Nation’s Restaurant News,” said Gary Krauss of Pierson Commercial, who brokered the leases for the Englishtown-based firm. “We’re thrilled to be able to contribute our part to their success.”
The new Jersey Mike’s New Jersey locations include:
- 3 Bayshore Plaza in Atlantic Highlands, a corporately owned and operated location that opened in June after an off-market deal arranged by Krauss. The center, owned by Bayshore Plaza LLC, is at Route 36 and First Avenue.
- Somerville Circle Shopping Center at 300 Route 202 in Raritan, where the chain signed a lease and will open in early 2017. Vanessa Fernandez of Levin Management represented the landlord, Somerville Circle LP.
- 65-99 Old State Road in Spotswood, a ShopRite-anchored retail center. Jake Frantzman of Ripco Real Estate represented the landlord, Spotswood-Lowman. Franchise operator Chris Rigassio, who also owns a Jersey Mike’s store in East Brunswick, is expected to open the Spotswood store in November.
- Edison Woods Shopping Center at 1000 Route 1 in Edison. Nancy Erickson of Colliers International represented the landlord, Edison Woods Commercial Associates. The store is slated to open in January 2017.
- A new strip center at 269-298 Route 46 in Little Ferry, where Jersey Mike’s is the first signed tenant. C.J. Huter and Lew Finkelstein of The Goldstein Group represented the landlord, 269 Rt. 46 West, Little Ferry LLC. Construction is planned for spring 2017.
- Toms River Center at 1 Route 37 in Toms River. Mike Testa and Bill Farkas of Jeffery Realty represented the landlord, J&L Realty Associates LLC.
- The Commons at Hooper Shopping Center at 1350 Hooper Ave., also in Toms River. Jay Miller of CBRE represented the landlord, AC 1 Toms River LLC.
Jersey Mike’s, a Manasquan-based chain, has been a fixture around the Jersey Shore for decades. The company in recent years has steadily expanded its footprint to the northern part of the state.
“North Jersey has had some of the highest performing units in our company,” said Tim Lumpkin, director of real estate for Jersey Mike’s Subs. “We’ve been aggressively opening stores in our home state, and turning out great sales numbers.”
Pierson Commercial said both Toms River locations will be operated by New Jersey sports celebrity Chrissy Rampone, the three-time Olympic gold-medal winning captain of the U.S. Women’s soccer team and a spokeswoman for Jersey Mike’s Subs. They will be operated by Rampone and her husband.