By Joshua Burd
Dollar Tree is continuing its expansion in New Jersey with six additional locations, under a series of newly announced transactions by R.J. Brunelli & Co. LLC.
The brokerage firm, which represents the dollar store chain, recently detailed the new leases across the Garden State, including five under its namesake brand and one under its Family Dollar banner. In Passaic, the team brokered leases for a side-by-side Family Dollar and Dollar Tree at 514 Van Houten Ave., where the two stores are backfilling a former Gala Foods space.
Dollar Tree and Family Dollar will occupy 11,000 and 9,194 square feet, respectively, R.J. Brunelli said. Both are expected to open in the first quarter of 2020.
Danielle Brunelli, president and principal with the Old Bridge-based firm, handled the lease and all others completed by Dollar Tree in New Jersey. The recent deals also include:
- 11,847 square feet at Hampton Plaza on Hampton House Road in Newton, where Dollar Tree has taken over a former Rite Aid endcap location within the 130,000-square-foot center.
- 9,576 square feet at 1010 Atlantic Ave. in Atlantic City’s Tanger Outlets. The chain is taking over a former Hanes space within the 490,000-square-foot complex, with the new store expected to open in the fourth quarter.
- 9,719 square feet at the Cherry Hill Shopping Center on Church Road in Cherry Hill, where Dollar Tree is absorbing a combined space that previously housed K&G Menswear, Life Uniforms and a salon. The new store will debut in the fourth quarter.
- 9,765 square feet at Airport Plaza, a 34,725-square-foot property at 7945-49 South Crescent Blvd. in Pennsauken. The store, which includes a former Dollar Value space and two adjoining vacant units, is slated to open in early November.
R.J. Brunelli Senior Sales Associate Pete Nicholson assisted on the Cherry Hill and Pennsauken transactions. Lew Finkelstein of the Goldstein Group co-brokered the Newton lease, while Leor Hemo of Vantage Real Estate Services co-brokered the Pennsauken transaction.
The new Dollar Tree leases were among several recent transactions detailed by R.J. Brunelli. The firm also announced that Senior Sales Associate Alan Gott brokered the sale of 165 East Front St., a vacant, 30,000-square-foot retail and commercial building in downtown Plainfield, to Paramount Assets. Gott represented both the buyer and seller, Abeco Management.
Meantime, the firm represented ownership at The Park at Hamburg, a property now under development at 910 Hamburg Tpk. in Wayne, in leasing 4,004 square feet to Panera Bread. The chain is slated to debut in fall 2020 at the 50,150-square-foot center, whose anchors will include Learning Care Group and a specialty grocery store.
“We expect the center to be 100 percent pre-leased upon opening in the second quarter of 2020, with other signed leases to be announced soon,” said Danielle Brunelli, whose firm serves as exclusive leasing agent for the property. “Access to this fully approved project will be enhanced by a new traffic signal that will be placed at the site’s intersection with Valley Road.”
Curtis Nassau of Ripco represented Panera in the lease.
Other recent Brunelli leases include:
- 24,000 square feet by Jersey Strong at Browntown Shopping Center, an 84,895-square-foot complex on Route 516 in Old Bridge. Danielle Brunelli represented both parties along with R.J. Brunelli Chairman and Principal Richard Brunelli.
- 2,400 square feet by a franchisee of The Bagel Nook at The Princeton Shopping Center, a 232,000-square-foot property at 301 North Harrison St. in Princeton. Danielle Brunelli represented the tenant.
- 1,600 square feet by Bright Vision at Jersey Strong Plaza on Route 130 South in Robbinsville. Gott represented ownership at the 65,500-square-foot center.
- 1,650 square feet by Math Genie at American Plaza, a 207,000-square-foot property at Route 9 and Texas Road in Marlboro Township. Gott represented the tenant.
- 1,800 square feet by TC Nails at 1287 Route 35 in Middletown, a 21,500-square-foot property. R.J. Brunelli Sales Associate Alexis Fiore represented the tenant, which is expected to open in the new space in March 2020, while Patricia Amecangelo of CBRE represented the landlord.