David Knee, vice chairman with JLL, accepts the award for SIOR New Jersey’s largest industrial lease of 2017 from Scott Peck, senior vice president of Resource Realty. — Courtesy: SIOR
By Joshua Burd
Many of the state’s top commercial brokers gathered recently for an annual event hosted by the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors, where the organization recognized some of the Garden State’s top deals of 2017.
SIOR’s New Jersey chapter held the event May 31 at the W in Hoboken. As part of the program, the group honored the largest member deals of last year in several categories:
- Industrial lease: David Knee and Rob Kossar of JLL for Matrix Development Group’s 975,000-square-foot lease with Ikea in Staten Island
- Industrial sale: Tom Monahan of CBRE for Liberty Property Trust’s 369,313-square-foot lease with Cohen Asset Management in Edison
- Office lease: Steve Tolkach and Mark Fowler of Newmark Knight Frank for 1 Independence LLC’s 74,845-square-foot lease with S&P Global in Princeton
- Office sale: Michael Maroon of the Acclaim Group for Lefrois Developers’ 389,154-square-foot lease in with Paychex in Rochester, New York
- SIOR cooperative (New Jersey): Ken Crimmins and Jason Crimmins of The Blau & Berg Co. and Mitchell Katz of Marcus & Millichap for Hartz Mountain Industries’ 61,825-square-foot lease with Cummins Power in Kearny
- SIOR cooperative (outside New Jersey): Tom Monahan of CBRE and Brian Netzky of Interstate Tenant Advisors for Cohen Asset Management’s 369,313-square-foot lease with Midwest Air Technologies in Edison
- Land: Tom Monahan of CBRE for Sitex’s sale of 15.25 acres in Ridgewood to Barings
“The SIOR membership includes very accomplished brokers and it is shown by the fact that the largest deals done in 2017 by SIORs are also among the largest deals done in New Jersey,” said Scott K. Perkins of NAI James E. Hanson, who is the 2018 chapter vice president with SIOR.