New Jersey Builders Association board members and leaders gathered around Ara Hovnanian, chairman, CEO and president of Hovnanian Enterprises Inc., at last year’s Atlantic Builders Convention in Atlantic City. Hovnanian provided a keynote address at the annual event, which drew some 6,000 attendees. — Photo by All is Sharp Photography/Courtesy: NJBA
By Holly Kingsley
Something great is about to happen! Don’t miss out on the education, connections, events and insight opportunities we’re hosting for the home building industry at the Atlantic Builders Convention in Atlantic City. Mark your calendars and join us April 1 through April 2 at Harrah’s in Atlantic City, where the convention, seminars and networking festivities are conveniently all under one roof.
This year’s show is jammed-packed with two full days of the best our home building industry has to offer. There’s something for everyone, whether you are a small custom builder, medium or large production builder, sales and marketing, suppliers, technology or other industry-related companies. You’ll be sure to enjoy the product displays, demos and accredited educational programs.
Kicking off the convention on Tuesday, March 31 is the Sales & Marketing Awards being held in the Avalon Ballroom. The area’s brightest will shine and be recognized for their superior achievements in numerous exciting categories, including the coveted Community of the Year, Sales Person of the Year and many, many more. It’s an elegant evening for glitz and glamour as your favorites take the stage for this annual who’s who at SAM.
Next up is the opening ceremony for the convention Wednesday morning, April 1. It’s go time! The ABC offers a variety of exhibitors providing tools, products and knowledge to stay ahead in this super competitive housing market. Some additional highlights not to be missed:
- ABC Info Booth – Everything you need to know about ABC in one convenient location
- Breakout Sessions and Product Demo Area – An area located just off the exhibit floor dedicated to product demos and presentations
- Coffee and Doughnut Station – Complimentary coffee and doughnuts available to all ABC participants courtesy of our coffee and doughnut sponsors
- Health and Wellness Zone – Deborah Heart and Lung returns to the ABC and will offer a variety of complimentary health screenings throughout the day
- Huber Engineered Woods Prove It Tour located in the Special Attraction Area – Huber’s mobile exhibit for building professionals to test their products hands-on
- YP Tailgate Zone – The Young Professionals Tailgate Zone will be the place to be. Located on the Main Aisle – all ABC participants will have a place to come together with access to a cash bar. If you’re a young professional (45 years of age and under) you can redeem your complimentary drink ticket and engage with members of the YP Committee who will be interacting with all ABC participants who frequent the area.
- Educational Programs – Two session times per day (11 AM to 12:45 PM and 2 PM to 3:45 PM on April 1 and April 2). 13 accredited programs will cover a variety of topics including but not limited to legal trends, building codes, site remediation, community associations, mixed-use development and redevelopment and storm water regulations. A full or one day pass is required.
- ABC Dance Party – April 1, 10 PM to 2:00 AM at the Eden Lounge. Bring your party shoes and plan for an evening of fun! Join your friends and colleagues as we wrap up day one with live entertainment, cash bar and plenty of camaraderie.
NEW!! Economic Forecast followed by an All-Female Builder Panel – 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM in the Avalon Ballroom. An ABC must do! Managing Director and Senior Economist Marc Vitner of Wells Fargo, an NJBA Master Sponsor, will open this session and leave attendees with the following high-level takeaways:
- A local, new home building market overview
- Identify trends we are likely to see going forward
- A better understanding of how the 2020 political and economic climate will affect you and your business
The all-female panel is one you shouldn’t dare to miss — be present as these very successful women tell their stories and speak to the challenges they faced in climbing the ladder to success.
- Kelly Ann Zuccarelli, senior vice president, mortgage retail, national program manager, at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Christiana Foglio, founder, Community Investment Strategies Inc.
- Devra Goldberg, partner, Canoe Brook Development
- Lara Schwager, vice president of development, PIRHL LLC
- Debra Tantleff, founding principal, TANTUM Real Estate
- Alicia Huey, president, AGH Homes
Following the forecast and panel, walk the floor to make sure you’ve seen all the exhibitors and attend educational seminars. Do you have an exhibitor or booth favorite? Stay the day to find out the winners at the presentation of Exhibitor Awards at 3 PM.
And last but certainly not least, ABC will be giving out a $1,000 cash prize, but you must be present to win!
Learn more about ABC, sponsorship opportunities and registration at https://www.abconvention.com/
See you there!
Holly Kingsley, a digital marketing consultant – Northeast at BDX – Builders Digital Experience, LLC, is co-chair of the Atlantic Builders Convention.