BurgerIM in Englewood is one of several new locations in New Jersey by the Israeli burger chain. — Courtesy: JLL
By Joshua Burd
A burger chain is marking a major expansion in New Jersey with the recent completion of nine leases totaling nearly 18,000 square feet, brokers with JLL announced Wednesday.
The real estate services firm represented a series of franchisees for the chain, BurgerIM, while also representing two landlords in transactions spanning Bergen, Essex, Union and Middlesex counties. The JLL team included Senior Vice President Marta Villa and associates Conor Ryan and Blake Shanaphy, who worked in conjunction with Home Quest Properties Corp. CEO and President Michel Asayag.
“BurgerIM is a popular, fast-growing burger restaurant chain that offers a diverse menu of sliders with options for everyone and every diet,” Villa said. “The tenants chose locations in well-known retail shopping environments that were very well-populated with synergistic retailers. These are very densely populated retail markets overall, with an equally growing number of new residential rooftops coming in year-over-year, with a very diverse demographic mix.”
The JLL and Home Quest team represented the following franchisees, all of which signed 10-year leases, in new locations for BurgerIM:
- Ridivaan Inc. (2,852 square feet) at 39 Nathaniel Place in Englewood. Ripco Real Estate Corp. Vice President Michael Rawlins and Salesperson Colby Piper represented the landlord.
- TT Mirza Empire Corp. (2,417 square feet) at 1340 Centennial Ave. in Piscataway. Michael McDermott, leasing agent with Edgewood Properties, represented the building owner, Centennial Plaza 1 LLC.
- Huff and Madison (1,980 square feet) at the Greenleaf at Union retail center at 1235 West Chestnut St. in Union. CBRE First Vice President Michael Horne represented the building owner.
- TRK Overseas LLC (1,950 square feet) at The Hub, a property at the corner of Middlesex and Central avenues within the Gateway at Metuchen project in Metuchen. Danielle Sobol, junior associate with Tri State Commercial Realty, represented the building owner, District at Metuchen II LLC.
- Buraq5 LLC (1,880 square feet) at the Market Place at Elmwood Park at 430 Market St. in Elmwood Park. David Townes, senior director with Cushman & Wakefield, represented the building owner, Puccio IV LLC.
- 3D Diamond Inc. (1,500 square feet) at Riverfront at Cranford Station at 105 Chestnut St. in Cranford. Michael Gartenberg, director of real estate with Garden Commercial Properties Inc., represented ownership.
- Foster Restaurant LLC (1,400 square feet) at 477 South Washington Ave. in Bergenfield. Rawlins and Piper of Ripco represented the landlord.
Villa also represented the landlord in two transactions involving Burgerim. The deals include Alvarez Investments LLC’s 2,163-square-foot lease at 37 Easton Ave. in New Brunswick and JQL 1 LLC’s commitment at 98 Halsey St. in Newark, where it took 1,755 square feet.