By Joshua Burd
The popular Jersey City Summit is set to return on May 22, marking its eighth year as it prepares to welcome more than 1,000 attendees for the annual real estate industry showcase.
Hosted once again at BentallGreenOak’s Newport Tower, at 525 Washington Blvd. in Jersey City, the program will convene a host of top developers, service providers and other industry leaders. The program has also renewed its partnership with law firm Connell Foley LLP, the longtime summit chair, with Philip McGovern serving as MC alongside several of the firm’s other commercial real estate practice leaders.
Meantime, Gov. Phil Murphy and Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop are once again scheduled to speak at the full-day event.
“We are thrilled to see so many of Manhattan’s largest real estate players/families announce major projects here in Jersey City,” the event’s organizers wrote in an announcement. “It’s a testament to the ranking Jersey City has with global institutional capital. We’re delighted to play our part in highlighting Jersey City’s as ‘The Most Exciting & Energetic Domestic Growth Market.’ We congratulate the Mayor and share his vision for what Jersey City has to offer and are enormously bullish on its future.”
Additional confirmed speakers include:
- Jersey City Council President Joyce E. Watterman
- Rob Naso of BentallGreenOak
- Eugene Paolino of Genova Burns LLC
- Adam Frazier of Columbia Property Trust
- Wasseem Boraie of Boraie Development
- Annisia Cialone of Jersey City’s Department of Housing, Economic Development & Commerce
- Katie Kennedy of Truist Bank
- Jonathan Kushner of Kushner Real Estate Group
- David Elkouby of American Equity Partners
- Greg Belew of Lennar Multifamily Communities
- Nevins McCann of Connell Foley
- Jeffrey Gural of GFP Real Estate Newmark Holdings
- Melanie Walter of the New Jersey Housing & Mortgage Finance Agency
- Abe Naparstek of G&S Investors
- Frederick Cooper of Toll Brothers
- Jeremy Farrell of LeFrak
- Louis Mont of Skyline Development
- Liz Simon of Industrious
- Timothy Henkel of Pennrose
- Jennifer Carillo-Perez of Connell Foley
- Jamie Block of Kushner Real Estate Group
- Diana Jeffrey of the Jersey City Redevelopment Agency
- Laurent Morali of Kushner Cos.
- Eyal Shuster of DVORA Life/Greenspot
- Matt Ascher of Northwestern Mutual
- Paul Silverman of SILVERMAN
- Christopher Albanese of The Albanese Organization
- Meredith Marshall of BRP Companies
- Kevin Sheehan of Greystar
- Dario Wolos of Tacombi
- Nancy Kelley of BuildsBio+
- Jose Cruz of JLL Capital Markets
- Jon Moore of URBY
The summit begins at 7:30 a.m. with a breakfast reception, followed by the chair’s welcome remarks at 8:25 a.m., kicking off a day of speeches, presentations, panel discussions and networking through 5 p.m. The full agenda and schedule are available at https://investjersey.city/2023/.