AT A GLANCE
53 Cardinal Drive
Westfield, NJ 07090
Year founded: 1954
Number of attorneys: 47
Number of attorneys involved in commercial real estate in New Jersey: 11
Areas of expertise in real estate: Financing, Development, Land Use, Zoning, Leasing, Acquisition and Sales, Environmental
Lindabury’s Commercial Real Estate practice is comprised of attorneys from many disciplines, which allows us to represent a broad spectrum of clients in the industry. We represent developers of projects for residential, commercial, institutional and industrial use including both residential and office condominiums as well as other high-density developments. Of particular interest to many of our developer clients is our firm’s experience in the efficient procurement of development-related permits and approvals at all government levels including zoning and planning boards, regional authorities and approvals pertaining to wetlands, brownfields and other environmentally sensitive sites.
We are particularly adept in project finance and we are well-versed in the complexities of developing structured finance solutions with lenders and borrowers seeking to acquire, construct, develop or refinance commercial, residential and mixed-use properties. We regularly represent local, regional and national lenders in commercial mortgage loan transactions, workouts and foreclosures as well as owners and investors in obtaining all types of real estate financing.
Clients choose Lindabury because of our decades of experience servicing the commercial real estate industry and reputation of providing legal counsel and advice grounded in the context of business considerations. Real estate companies that develop, build, own, lease and manage commercial, industrial, office or retail properties in New Jersey, New York or Pennsylvania look to Lindabury for help achieving their desired business objectives in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
2021 remained a very active year for Lindabury’s Commercial Real Estate group. Several engagements worthy of highlighting include:
- Represented consortium of industrial companies in purchase of 52,000-square-foot warehouse in New Jersey Meadowlands for use in staging environmental remediation
- Represented an independent school in the $5 million purchase of an 80-acre campus from another institution
- Represented developer in the purchase of two industrial buildings in Nashville, Tennessee
- Represented developer in the sale of 136,000-square-foot industrial building in Elizabeth, New Jersey
- Represented developer in the sale of 51,000-square-foot industrial building in Branchburg, New Jersey
- Represented seller of 37,000-square-foot manufacturing building in Sayreville, New Jersey
- Represented client in $40 million mortgage refinance of an industrial property in Central New Jersey
- Represented developer in $37 million permanent mortgage of mixed-use project in Cranford, New Jersey