By Joshua Burd
The New Jersey Builders Association recognized more than two dozen developers and professionals earlier this week as part of its annual Industry Awards.
Association members were honored in a range of categories during the Jan. 24 ceremony at the Stone Terrance by John Henry in Hamilton. According to the NJBA, the awards recognize those who have made outstanding contributions to the housing or the building industry in New Jersey over the prior year.
“The Industry Award winners honored yesterday have all demonstrated an outstanding commitment to NJBA and the building industry in (New Jersey),” NJBA President John Kirkenir said in a prepared statement issued Thursday. “Their dedication to our association is invaluable and I offer my sincerest congratulations to everyone who was honored yesterday afternoon.”
This year’s winners include:
- Special Service: Thomas F. Troy, Sharbell Development Corp.
- Builder of the Year: George T. Vallone, Hoboken Brownstone Co.
- Associate of the Year: Jeromie P. Lange, Maser Consulting
- Builder Hall of Fame: Carl J. Goldberg, Canoe Brook
- Associate Hall of Fame: Thomas F. Carroll III, Hill Wallack
- Remodeler Hall of Fame: Philip A. Calinda Jr., Millennium Custom Homes
- Builder Continuing Service: Dwight Wesley Pittenger, Pittenger Homes
- Associate Continuing Service: Gary S. Forshner, Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis, LLP
- Rising Star: Richard Boisch, USI Insurance Services
- Cornerstone: Suzzane Kronenfeld, Gloria Nilson & Co. Real Estate
- Silver Hammer: Tim Schaeffer, Tim Schaeffer Development Corp.
- Silver Handshake: Tony DiLodovico, Bowman Consulting Group
- Golden Hammer: Joseph F. Riggs, K. Hovnanian Homes
- Spike Advocate: Christopher Amato, CMM Custom Homes
- Distinguished Service: Senator Ronald L. Rice
- Preservation of the American Dream: Henry J. Kelly Jr., The Kelly Group
- Affordable Housing: The contributors to the Affordable Housing Litigation Fund
- Distinguished Service for Outstanding Political Action: Debra Tantleff, Tantum Realty LLC
- Distinguished Service in Mixed Use Development: Ronald S. Ladell, AvalonBay Communities
- Meritorious Service Award: former Senator Joseph M. Kyrillos and former Assemblyman David P. Rible
- Associate Appreciation: Christopher Amato, CMM Custom Homes
- Builders League of South Jersey: Bill Cappuccio, Allura USA
- Builders Association of Northern NJ: John Kelly, Builders FirstSource
- Metropolitan Builders & Contractors Association of NJ: Jeff Brazezicke, Blue Ridge Lumber
- Shore Builders Association of Central NJ: Kristin Marzarella, All County Enterprises
“The support from dedicated members like those we honored yesterday enables NJBA to effectively advocate on behalf of the building of industry in (New Jersey),” NJBA CEO Carol Ann Short said. “I offer my appreciation and congratulations to all who were honored yesterday.”