By Joshua Burd
A dollar store distributor has leased 31,000 square feet of industrial space in Linden, in the largest of several newly announced transactions by Bussel Realty Corp.
The Edison-based firm on Monday detailed the lease by the distributor, Super Sports, at 410 Allen St. BRC also announced that it brokered a 12,500-square-foot lease at the same building to DNH Pallets, a second-generation pallet company.
Jordan Metz, a senior vice president with the firm, completed the transaction alongside associates Andie Fennimore and James “JP” Blasch.
“We are continuing to see an unprecedented level of demand from users requiring warehouse space proximate to the ports and offering immediate access to our highway infrastructure,” Metz said. “Industrial vacancy rates are hovering at 1.5 percent in these markets, with ample demand to fuel even further market compression. As a result, we are seeing all-time highs on lease and sale rates.”
BRC also announced several other industrial deals in the state’s port-centric industrial markets.
- Jordan East River, a moving and storage company, leased 17,500 square feet at 1416 East Linden Ave. in Linden
- 5GJM acquired 3401 Tremley Point Road in Linden and subsequently leased the property to PK Mechanical
- Elegant Seating Design renewed its 10,000-square-foot lease at 2500 Brunswick Ave. in Linden
- VIK XS Services leased 8,780 square feet at 1010 West Elizabeth Ave. in Linden
- Earth Relocation, an international moving and shipping company, renewed its 6,211-square-foot lease at 1001 Roosevelt Ave. in Carteret
- Sunny Mac LLC, a solar panel installer, leased 2,524 square feet at 1026 West Elizabeth Ave. in Linden
“Good, functional buildings in choice locations will continue to perform exceptionally well for the foreseeable future,” Metz said.