Photos courtesy: CBRE
CBRE recently hosted a roundtable discussion at its Saddle Brook office to address how big data is impacting commercial real estate.
The panel members shared, from their professional experiences, what the smartest landlords and occupiers are doing now — and will be doing in the future — to leverage big data to improve the occupier experience, attract and retain talent, drive efficiency, reduce real estate spend and more.
CBRE Executive Vice President Jeremy Neuer moderated a panel that also included Dana Nalbantian, studio director and principal wit Gensler in Morristown; Riggs Kubiak, founder and CEO of Honest Buildings in New York and Jeremy Doyle, chief customer officer for Humanyze.
The panelists tackled questions including:
- What kinds of data are occupiers gathering and how are they using it to enhance the workplace experience?
- How are occupiers making their workplace both more productive and more efficient?
- How are landlords addressing the bandwidth needs of tenants?
- What are some of the steps both occupiers and landlords are taking to secure the data being collected?
- How are top occupiers addressing the need for mobility and agility/flexibility?
- How are top landlords addressing “space as a service” (“SaaS”), in concept?
- How are top occupiers and top landlords utilizing the Internet of Things? What’s here now and what’s coming?