A new espresso bar is among nearly a dozen new amenities planned for Century Campus in Parsippany. — Courtesy: Bergman Real Estate Group
By Joshua Burd
The new owners of three office buildings in Parsippany have unveiled a $4.5 million plan to upgrade and introduce a set of modern, upscale amenities at the 280,000-square-foot campus.
The firms, Bergman Real Estate Group and Time Equities Inc., are aiming to create a new mixed-use environment at 4, 5 and 6 Century Drive, which were once part of a Mack-Cali Realty Corp. The joint venture acquired the properties from Mack-Cali last year and has since rebranded the complex as Century Campus, as it prepares to introduce nearly a dozen new features amid several other improvements.
The property was 50 percent leased at the time of acquisition. But Michael Bergman, CEO of Bergman Real Estate Group, said the owners have already increased occupancy and are poised to attract additional tenants with upgrades that will include:
- A new 4,500-square-foot executive lounge with a staffed espresso bar
- A media center with state-of-the-art screens and other multimedia equipment
- Seating areas outfitted with modern, comfortable furniture
- Co-working executive suites with glass walls sized for startups and entrepreneurs
- A game area with ping-pong and pool tables, TV and seating areas
- A shared conference and training center, which tenants can use for large meetings, training sessions and more
- An art studio with instruction from local artists
- An upgraded full-service café with new seating and décor
- A massage room
- An app-based bike-sharing program, which tenants can use to ride to lunch or travel around Century Campus
- Newly landscaped grounds with walking paths, seating areas and a Bocce ball court
- A fully equipped gym and yoga studio coming in 2018
“The suburban office market needs to adapt and change to support how people work today,” Bergman said. “We’re creating a space for people not only to relax and help their productivity, but where they can actually conduct business or hold meetings as well.
“Such a state-of-the-art environment is not only impressive to clients, but inspiring for the people who work there. We’re seeing this trend not just in New Jersey, but all throughout the country, and we are proud to create such a positive working atmosphere for current and future tenants alike at Century Campus.”
The game room, media center and executive lounge are slated to open Nov. 1, while the others will be completed in phases over the next several months, Bergman said. The bike sharing program is already available to Century Campus tenants.
The campus is also slated to undergo “head-to-toe internal and external renovations,” the firm said. The owners are making extensive upgrades and renovations to the lobbies, corridors and bathrooms, as well as to landscaping, outdoor pathways and parking lots.
Already, the new owners have inked several new long-term leases at Century Campus, which is near the intersection of Route 10 and Route 202. The property also offers access to interstates 287, 80 and 280 and is five minutes from the Morristown train station, a 35-minute drive to New York City and close to Newark Liberty International Airport.
“People spend their day at the office, so we want to make it as pleasing and comfortable as possible,” Bergman said. “All the services one could possibly need to be comfortable are located in one place.”
The campus has availabilities ranging from 2,000 square feet to full-floor occupancies up to 35,000 square feet and a contiguous block of 60,000 square feet.