By Joshua Burd
LAN Associates has made three promotions within its management team, including two within its engineering department and another in marketing.
The firm’s board of directors announced last week that it has promoted Tom Wighard to vice president from senior mechanical engineer. The 17-year veteran of the firm has shown leadership within his department, LAN said in a news release, and has been integral to the growth and training of others in the group.
“I am excited to start the next phase of my career at LAN Associates,” Wighard said. “I began my time with LAN 17 years ago as a college intern and am proud of how the MEP department, as well as the company, has grown over the years. I look forward to continuing the existing values of the company and working together towards new initiatives.”
The Midland Park-based firm has also promoted Erik Boe to director of civil engineering, the news release said. He has been with LAN for more than 15 years and has brought high levels of innovation and experience to the team, having shown his dedication to emerging technologies and to using energy and environment policies to develop new options for building and design.
“Our civil engineering department is growing to better serve our expanding client base, from good working relationships with longstanding clients to diving into new markets, our goal is to keep pushing forward,” Boe said. “I am pleased to work with a team of talented engineers.”
LAN also highlighted several ongoing projects by its engineering team:
- SUNY Broadview, a $120 million independent and assisted living community with some 450 units for the State University of New York Purchase campus;
- A $12 million project for LEGOLAND’s new state-of-the-art park in Goshen, New York;
- Ongoing projects with iFortress, including data centers and mission critical facilities around the world;
- A $6 million athletic field renovation for the Monroe-Woodbury Schools;
- Several solar power generation projects in New Jersey and New York;
- Implementation of aerial drone services for large-scale data collection
Meantime, the firm has elevated Jen Gangeri to director of marketing. Gangeri, previously the marketing coordinator, joined LAN in 2014 and has played a vital role in promoting the business and mission of LAN.
“The marketing department has made tremendous strides over the last several years,” she said. “It is rewarding to see our efforts pay off as the company continues to advance in this extremely competitive industry. The support from LAN’s senior management team has allowed the department to tackle new and exciting projects, creative campaigns, and strategies. I look forward to what’s to come.”