The fitness center at the Ellipse — Courtesy: LeFrak
By Joshua Burd
LeFrak has unveiled the long list of amenities at the Ellipse, its new high-end, 41-story apartment tower in the Newport section of Jersey City.
The amenities, which were designed by the building’s architect, Arquitectonica, include:
- A fitness center with views of the Hudson River
- A deluxe game room with billiards and ping pong tables
- A children’s playroom with a rubber gym floor for safe playing and a road rug
- A co-working space featuring felt-covered study carrels, conference table and bookcases
- A multipurpose lounge with flat screen TVs and a curated art display
- A 24-hour doorman in the lobby with a distinctive plant wall
SLIDESHOW: Amenities at the Ellipse in Jersey City
The developer is also planning to debut an outdoor pool this summer.
LeFrak said the Ellipse, which has 380 luxury apartments, is nearly 90 percent leased. The firm has also rented four out of the building’s five penthouses, one of which was most expensive rental listing in Jersey City history.
The tower is minutes from the Hoboken and Newport PATH stations, the Hudson-Bergen Light Rail and the Holland Tunnel. It is among the latest additions at LeFrak’s landmark Newport community on the Hudson waterfront, which has 15,000 residents and a wide mix of restaurants, community programming and retail options.