By Joshua Burd
NAIOP New Jersey will honor one of the state’s key government officials in recent years alongside one of its best-known developers as part of its upcoming fall awards dinner, where the association will also recognize several influential industry professionals.
The commercial real estate development group on Tuesday announced the honorees for its annual President’s Awards and Hall of Fame Dinner, which is slated for Monday, Nov. 5 at the Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe. The honorees include:
- Tim Lizura, former president and chief operating officer of the state Economic Development Authority, will receive the NAIOP New Jersey Legacy Award
- Dewberry’s Liz Archer will receive the Pillar Award in recognition of her extraordinary example of involvement
- Ted Zangari of Sills Cummis & Gross P.C. will receive the Advocacy Award for outstanding work in public policy
- Chris Tansey of Melick-Tully and Associates, a division of GZA GeoEnvironmental, will be recognized as Volunteer of the Year
- David Sanzari of Alfred Sanzari Enterprises, David Simson of Newmark Knight Frank and Dennis Toft of Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC will be inducted into the NAIOP New Jersey Hall of Fame
“What is so special about this evening is being able to show NAIOP’s appreciation to those of our members who have given so generously of their time, talent and resources without asking for anything in return,” said Michael McGuinness, NAIOP New Jersey’s CEO. “It’s our way of thanking and recognizing them for their contributions over the years.”
The event will begin with networking and cocktails at 4:30 p.m., followed by dinner and the awards presentation at 5:45 p.m. The program will also feature the presentation of the Frank D. Visceglia Memorial Scholarships to Eagle Scout William J. Mack III of Marmora and Gold Award Scout Caroline Morris of Asbury.
To register or for more information, contact NAIOP New Jersey at 732-729-9900 or visit www.naiopnj.org.