By Joshua Burd
RadioShack will shutter 20 stores in New Jersey amid more than 550 closures across its portfolio, according to published reports.
A recent report by Business Insider identified the stores that would cease operations based on having the “lowest sales velocity and highest rent.” The publication said 187 of the stores would close immediately, while another 365 would shut down by the first week of April.
The 552 closures represent more than a third of RadioShack’s stores.
The iconic chain, a business that goes back nearly 100 years, filed for bankruptcy for the second time in two years earlier this month. But the list of store closures is nearly triple the number that the Fort Worth, Texas-based retailer said it would shutter at the time.
Below is the list of New Jersey stores that will close, according to Business Insider:
- Harrison Plaza, 416 Bergen St., Harrison
- Roselle Plaza Shopping Center, 711 East 1st Ave., Roselle
- 489 Broadway, Bayonne
- Bloomfield Plaza, 135 Bloomfield Ave., Bloomfield
- Elmwood Park Shopping Center, 100 Broadway, Elmwood Park
- Edgewater Place, 517 River Road, Edgewater
- 22 Lexington Ave., Passaic
- Market St, 168 Market St., Paterson
- Whitehouse Mall, 531 Route 22 East, Whitehouse Station
- West Grove Square, 67 South Main St., Neptune
- Roebling Market, 635 South Clinton Ave., Trenton
- 147 Haddon Ave., Westmont
- Blueberry Crossing, 240 South White Horse Pike, Hammonton
- Medford Shopping Center, 176 Route 70, Medford
- 486 Brick Blvd., Bricktown
- Collegetown Shopping Center, 775 North Delsea Drive, Glassboro
- Rio Grande Plaza, 1500 Route 47 South, Rio Grande
- Clifton Ave Shopping Center, 179 East Kennedy Blvd., Lakewood
- Ventnor Plaza Shopping Center, 5016 Wellington Ave., Ventnor City
- Old Bridge Shopping Center, 259 New Road, Somers Point