By Joshua Burd
The Urban Land Institute of Northern New Jersey is set to honor more than a dozen commercial real estate projects, deals and industry leaders as part of its upcoming annual awards gala.
Slated for May 5, the chapter’s 2022 Excellence Awards will take place at the Westmount Country Club at 728 Rifle Camp Road in Woodland Park, with a cocktail and networking reception set to begin at 6 p.m. The program will showcase a mix of locations and individuals across several asset classes and disciplines, with project awards including:
- Mixed-Use Residential: The Lively (Lennar/LMC)
- Mixed-Use TOD: Vermella Union (Russo Development)
- Small Deal of the Year: Elks Club JSQ (Hopkins Group)
- Capital Markets/Equity: Broad & Halsey Office Portfolio (JLL/Progress Capital/Shift Capital/Acore)
- Industrial: FreezPak Logistics Center (Elberon Development/Fidelco Group)
- Sustainable Development/Net Zero Award: LG North American Headquarters (LG Corp.)
- New Jersey Development Project of the Year: Seymour Street Redevelopment (Ironstate Development/Brookfield Properties)
- Suburban Redevelopment Project: ON3 (Prism Capital Partners)
- Hospitality: The Canopy Hotel (Panepinto Properties)
- Health Care / Medical: Atkins Cos. (Hunterdon Healthcare/Atlantic Healthcare System)
- DEI Awards: Montgomery Crossing Apartments (PIHRL)
- Best in Indoor/Outdoor Design: 1776 By David Burke and Topgolf Swing Suite (Motown Restaurants)
ULI also announced People Awards in four categories:
- Academic Leadership: Anton Nelessen
- Leadership in Professional Services: David Minno, AIA
- Leadership in Real Estate – Public Sector: Assemblyman Jim Kennedy
- Rising Stars: Daniel Mirabel and Brenly Tolentino
- WLI Awards – Women’s Leadership: Stephanie Turkot
“ULI ULI NNJ Excellence Awards salutes the highest caliber of projects and people within our industry in our region,” the organization wrote in its announcement last week.
For more information on the May 5 ceremony, visit the event’s registration page.