Pierson Commercial Director Gary Krauss (center) recently arranged five leases during the first quarter on behalf of Bubbakoo’s Burritos. Pictured with Krauss are Bubbakoo’s Burritos’ Fenil Patel (left) and Perry Partesh, who are partners in the New City, New York, location. — Courtesy Pierson Commercial
By Joshua Burd
A fast casual chain serving burritos and other Mexican-style items is adding five new locations in and around New Jersey, in a series of recent transactions by Pierson Commercial.
The brokerage firm represented Bubbakoo’s Burritos, an operator founded in Point Pleasant, in securing the spaces in Monmouth and Bergen counties, as well as two locations in New York State. Arranged by Pierson Commercial Director Gary Krauss, the transactions include:
- 1,700 square feet at the Hazlet Town Center in Hazlet, owned by Onyx Equities, with Gregg Medvin of Pierson Commercial representing the landlord;
- 1,721 square feet at the Ridgemont Shopping Center in Park Ridge, owned by Park Ridge Hye Partners LLP, with Bill Farkas of Jeffery Realty representing the landlord;
- 1,700 square feet at the Midland Park Shopping Center in Midland Park, owned by UB Midland Park I LLC, with Curtis Nassau and Matt Grundy of Ripco Real Estate representing the landlord;
- 2,400 square feet at the Neptune Shopping Center in Poughkeepsie, New York, owned by Vieira Sardinha Realty LLC, with Tom Cervone of CR Properties Group LLC representing the landlord;
- 1,500 square feet at the New City Shopping Mall in New City, New York, owned by Newton Associates LLC, with Scott Milich of The Goldstein Group representing the landlord.
The new stores are slated to open between this summer and early next year, Pierson said. The firm also announced several other first-quarter deals by Krauss involving operators such as Apple Montessori Schools, Wing Stop, Tropical Smoothie and Jersey Mike’s Subs.
“As we’ve navigated through the COVID-19 economy, our team has made great efforts to stay on top of the evolving retail landscape and help our clients find opportunities to continue to grow their businesses throughout central and northern New Jersey,” said Jason Pierson, president of Pierson Commercial. “Gary’s clients include quick-serve restaurants and daycare/preschool categories that are in high demand since we entered into the new year.”
The new Wing Stop locations include a 1,500-square-foot store on Route 35 and Wyckoff in Eatontown, where Rich Schulz of Schulco Real Estate LLC served as the owner’s representative for Eatontown Wyckoff LLC. The chain has also leased space at Colonial Plaza in Freehold, in a 1,550-square-foot deal with D & L Realty Associates LLC.
Meantime, Tropical Smoothie leased 1,400 square feet at the Hillsborough Village Center in Hillsborough and will begin operations in the second half of 2021. Shane Wierks of Jeffery Realty represented the landlord, Hillsborough Village Center LLC.
Krauss also represented Jersey Mike’s Subs in a 1,509-square-foot deal on Holt Drive in Stony Point, New York, where the chain is leasing space from Crossroads-Holt Drive Associates LLC. In Wanaque, the operator is taking 1,502 square feet at 1355 Ringwood Ave., in a deal with Wanaque LaSala LLC.
The other deals include a 1,120-square-foot commitment at the Edison Woods Shopping Center in Edison by Ares Nutrition. Krauss also represented the landlord in the deal, Edison Woods Commercial Associates.
For its part, Apple Montessori Schools is leasing 11,856 square feet on Mount Bethel Road in Warren.