44 Whippany Road in Morristown — Courtesy: Cushman & Wakefield
By Joshua Burd
A nearly 85,000-square-foot lease by a global pharmaceutical firm is among several recent deals at a Morristown office building, where ownership has unveiled $7 million in upgrades.
Brokers with Cushman & Wakefield this week announced four new leases and a renewal at the newly renovated 44 Whippany Road, representing an affiliate of Marcus Partners as its leasing agent. The activity at the 230,000-square-foot complex includes:
- Alvogen Pharma US Inc. signed a new 84,609-square-foot lease (represented by Gregg Kelman of GK Realty Services)
- Keller Williams Realty Metropolitan signed a new 15,404-square-foot lease (represented by Peter Shikar of CBRE)
- The law firm of Donahue, Hagan, Klein & Weisberg LLC renewed its New Jersey headquarters lease for 6,000 square feet (represented by Susanne Newmark of Newmark Associates)
- Orloff, Lowenbach, Stifelman & Siegel P.A. leased 14,658 square feet (represented by David Stifelman of JLL)
- Another new, unnamed tenant leased 21,681 square feet
Cushman & Wakefield’s Bill Brown, Jon Williams and Heather Polhamus, based in the firm’s Morristown office, head the 44 Whippany Road leasing team. They touted a series of capital improvements by Marcus Partners that transformed the property into a modern, amenity-rich office environment.
As such, 44 Whippany now features a new café, fitness center and 95-seat conference center, according to a news release. The owner further improved the property with a new entry and glass canopy, façade enhancements and upgrades to common areas.
New owner plans upgrades at office building after $21.5M sale