By Joshua Burd
CityMD is expanding its footprint in New Jersey with a nearly 4,000-square-foot lease in Bergen County, in one of several newly announced deals by The Goldstein Group.
With the transaction, the urgent care center will join the tenant roster at Northvale Square at 269 Livingston St. in Northvale. The Goldstein Group Executive Vice President Lew Finkelstein, Vice President CJ Huter and Sales Associate Roy Paret represented the landlord, Maxim Enterprises LLC, while Newmark’s Ben Birnbaum represented the tenant in the 3,960-square-foot commitment.
“We’ve seen an uptick in leasing of retail stores and restaurant locations over the past several months,” said Chuck Lanyard, The Goldstein Group’s president. “Many companies are moving forward in finding new locations at this time whether it’s a corporate location or a franchised spot.”
The Paramus-based firm announced nine other recent leases in northern and central New Jersey, including three others involving health care users. In Lake Hopatcong, Kessler Rehab took 3,365 square feet at the Lakeside Shopping Center at 5 Bowling Green Parkway, with Finkelstein, Huter and Paret representing the landlord, Seretis Properties LLC, and Michele Countis of Jackson Cross Partners representing the tenant.
Meantime, Finkelstein, Huter and The Goldstein Group Director Chris Conway represented both parties in a lease at 77-81 Broad St. in Elizabeth, where Elizabeth Plasma is taking 18,000 square feet under a deal with MIRL Realty Associates LLC. The team also brokered a 3,000-square-foot deal at 333 North Broad St. in the city between SportsMed Physical Therapy and 333 Realty Management, representing the landlord while Tony Nabhan of Keller Williams City Views represented the tenant.
The Goldstein Group’s other recent transactions are as follows:
- Popeye’s leased 2,400 square feet at 345 Essex St. in Hackensack. Chris Conway represented the tenant, while James Malki and Maurice Assia from James Malki Real Estate represented the landlord, Pratik & Priti LLC.
- Mattress Plus took 4,800 square feet at 320 Route 10 West in East Hanover. Lanyard and Marc Palestina, a director with The Goldstein Group, represented the landlord, Doil Group LLC, and the tenant.
- In Westfield, Barre 3 took 1,526 square feet at 260 North Ave., with Lanyard and Palestina representing the landlord, 260 Westfield Partners LLC. Jake Frantzman of Ripco Real Estate LLC represented the tenant.
- Rita’s Ice renewed its lease at Heritage Square Shopping Center at 4180 Route 1 in the Monmouth Junction section of South Brunswick. Finkelstein, Huter and Paret served as the owner’s representative on behalf of Wasa Properties Heritage Square LLC, while Kyser Co. represented the tenant.
- The Goldstein Group also represented both parties in a deal at 435 River Road in Elmwood Park, where Three Chefs Restaurant leased 3,200 square feet from John C. Kapas. In Springfield, Lanyard and Palestina represented Springfield Company LLC in a 1,200-square-foot lease at 205 Morris Ave. to Crab Du Jour, while Lip Fei Jang from Chibeca Real Estate represented the tenant.