ICSC New Jersey NextGen: Attracting Retailers to Downtown Newark
When: 5:30 p.m. Thursday, March 14
Where: One Gateway Center, Suite C30, Newark
Description: As Newark’s real estate market continues to rise, with significant development and redevelopment across all asset classes, Newark is becoming a premier destination for retailers and restaurateurs. From pop-up shops to food halls, join us at Onyx Equities to learn more about how developers of some of the most important projects within the city are attracting retail tenants to Newark.
You will hear from a panel of experts who are intimately involved with these projects and the benefits and challenges of Newark’s retail market.
Moderator: Matthew P. Flath, vice president asset management, Onyx Equities
- Franklyn Ore, senior vice president, Newark EDC
- Jake Pine, senior project manager, L+M Development Partners – Hahne’s & Co./Walker House
- John A. Saraceno Jr., co-founder and managing principal, Onyx Equities – Gateway Center
- Michael Sommer, executive vice president, Edison Properties – Ironside Newark
Registration begins at 5:30 p.m., followed by the program at 6 p.m. and a networking reception at 7 p.m.
NAIOP New Jersey Public Policy Symposium
When: 7:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Friday, March 15
Where: The Heldrich New Brunswick – 10 Livingston Ave., New Brunswick
Description: This annual event brings together government policy makers and industry leaders for interactive conversations about the most important economic issues facing our state and how we can make New Jersey more competitive and attractive to young talent, new employers and investment and more prosperous and affordable for all residents. The program will include segments:
- Paths to Progress – A Conversation with the Legislative Leadership: Senate President Steve Sweeney, Assembly Speaker Craig Coughlin, NAIOP New Jersey President Gene Preston and trustee Gene Diaz are confirmed.
- Connecting the DOTs…and DEPs & BPUs & NJTs … to Build a World-Class Infrastructure: Discussions will focus on the next steps needed to build/modernize New Jersey’s transportation, water, energy and digital systems. Confirmed speakers: BPU Commissioner and former state Sen. Bob Gordon; Department of Environmental Protection Director of Water Quality Janice Brogle; and Amtrak Board Chair Anthony Coscia.
Registration/networking breakfast begin at 7:45 a.m., followed by the program at 8:30 a.m. This event is sponsored by the 2019 Platinum, Gold and Silver Master Sponsors.
IOREBA’s 27th Annual Developer Night
When: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday, March 25
Where: Marriot Glenpointe, Teaneck – 100 Frank W Burr Blvd, Teaneck
Description: Please join us and engage with over 300 CRE industry professionals for a night of networking, dinner and a panel presentation and discussion.
The IOREBA program panelists will include:
- Geoffrey Schubert – CBRE
- David Simson – Newmark Night Frank
- Gene Diaz – Prism Capital Parters
- John Saraceno – Onyx Equities LLC
- Jeremy Neuer – CBRE
- Mike DeMarco – Mack-Cali Realty Corp.
- Michael Seeve – Mountain Development Corp.
Atlantic Builders Convention
When: Wednesday, April 3, to Thursday, April 4
Where: Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City – 777 Harrah’s Blvd., Atlantic City
Hosted by the New Jersey Builders Association (NJBA), ABC is the largest building industry trade show in the Northeast, drawing approximately 6,000 participants from the Northeast region, including residential and commercial builders, developers, remodelers and subcontractors, plus a variety of manufacturers, suppliers and consulting professionals. Now in its 70th year, the convention features hundreds of exhibits showcasing the latest products and services to a large and diverse audience of decision makers. Attendees gain up-to-date information about the latest market trends, government policies and technical developments at educational seminars.